Unified Communications (UC) transforms how your business serves your customers, how your employees work on a daily basis, and how your various locations operate separately as well as together as a distributed enterprise. UC makes people more productive, improves customer satisfaction, and makes business processes more efficient.
UC comprises of a myriad of tools across an array of devices to create a variety of means for communicating with each other and with customers, partners, and suppliers, such as:- Voicemail, instant messaging; email; audio conferencing, text messaging; internet-based fax service; notification services; meet-me conferencing; web and video conferencing via desk phones; mobile/ smart phones; tablets; PDAs; fax machines; laptops and desktop PCs.
UC can blend and combine previously separate services and features so that communications by any means with anyone is possible over any of the devices. Services and functionality are significantly enhanced.
UC clients communicate with each other directly or through IP PBXs using Voice over IP (VoIP) technology, providing access to applications on any device such as conferencing, email, messaging etc.; call routing and improved handling; seamless switching between corporate Wi-Fi and GSM/mobile networks
- Messaging and Notification services
- Syncing calendars and contacts
- Enabling Presence and availability data
UC enables mobility and consistency of experience for both the user and for customer interactions, regardless of which communication vehicle is being used and whether the communicators are roaming, home based, office based or a combination of environments. For example, UC dual mode phones provide the ability to answer a call on a mobile phone accessing public cell phone services while away from the office, and seamlessly switch to private Wi-Fi facilities while in and around the office or campus environment.
The benefits are:
- Enhanced workforce effectiveness through collaboration and increased knowledge of colleague availability
- IT efficacy and agility through simplification and consolidation of platforms and ease of management
- Improved customer interactions through ease, accessibility, and availability of service
- Increased productivity and speed of execution through the availability and responsiveness of colleagues and experts
- Enhanced collaborative and productive team working through application sharing and conferencing functions
- Reduced costs and risks through travel reduction, centralised administration, and management